Welp, 2017 is coming to an end! I can’t believe how fast the year flew by...2017 has honestly been everything thing I could’ve asked for and more. God showed out in my life in every area and I’m forever thankful.
This year, I started my life as a full-time blogger/influencer/entrepreneur, which brought along incredible opportunities. As excited as I was, I’ll admit that I was so freaking scared; I like to know that I’ll get my desired outcomes in whatever I do, and this was a little more unpredictable. But as always, God was like, “Watch me work!”
This blog also opened the door for me to become Cantu’s National Ambassador, which eventually lead to an amazing opportunity to work full-time for the brand (YAY!). As you know from reading this blog (because of course you keep up with it, right?), I’ve traveled non-stop, moved into the most amazing bachelorette pad, and I’ve created so much more fun content for my MC Crew. All in all, I’ve been making money doing exactly what I love. Won’t He do it?!
Now, we start a new countdown...to 2018! Although I hate to see 2017 go, I’m ready for my Cardi year, LOL. I just know that that’s what 2018 will be for me: A year full of wins in my business (and fingers crossed, in my love life, too. Ha!).
Outfit: Tracee Ellis Ross for JC Penny
But when it comes to my blog, I’ve already got my goals down and my plan ready to execute. Y’all ready?
1. CONSISTENCY! It’s key, y’all. I know life gets busy, but I’m vowing to post at least once a week and send out a newsletter every week. If you haven’t already subscribed, make sure you sign up before clicking the X!
2. GIVE, GIVE, GIVE! Team MC is the bomb dot com, and y’all deserve to have some goodies in your mailbox for being such loyal supporters. You all really have rocked with me through the years and I’m so grateful for every one of you!
3. Collaboration. I’m a firm believer in collaborating with other amazing brands that I believe in, so I’m setting the goal to secure at least two partnerships a month. There are so, SO many dope clothing lines, beauty brands, and other independent companies I support, so I’m trusting this goal won’t be a hard one to knock out.
4. Events. In 2018, I’m looking forward to hosting my own brunch filled with amazing women. Stay tuned!
5. Write an eBook. This has been on my goal list for a few years, but I’m feeling the real motivation and drive to crank it out in 2018!
6. Grow my Instagram following. With the help of my other goals, including consistency and collaboration, I’m confident that I can double the Team MC crew on Instagram. Again, consistency is KEY.
7. Merch. I’ve been toying with the idea of launching my online shop for some time now. I’ve got the cutest ideas and prototypes for some amazing collateral for you guys to get your hands on. I’m looking forward to executing in 2018.
8. More video content. I’ve dabbled in it a few times, which you’ve seen a few times on my blog and IG account, but I’m ready to dive head first into strong video content for you guys.
9. Plan, plan, plan! I’m making it a priority to meet with my team monthly and get calendars done at least a month ahead of time.
10. Love what I do. I love my job, so much so that it doesn’t even feel like one. In 2018, I’m gonna continue loving what I do, traveling nonstop, and sharing the MC brand with the world. I’m just getting started.
Okay...that’s 10! I’m depending on you guys and gals to keep me on track, really! I’m ready to take over and provide more reasons for you to keep up the amazing support. You don’t know what it’s meant to me thus far. Keep being you, and I’ll keep doing me, for you! I couldn’t have done any of this without you.
Until next year guys!