I packed up my New York City life and headed to Maimi to celebrate, well something like that. My cousin and I are a year and 4 days apart and this year he decided he wanted to celebrate in Miami with family. Since he turned 30 and he's the oldest, I scratched my plans and tagged along. We didn't have any plans just wanted to enjoy each other and have some fun in the sun...so that's exactly what we did.
I arrived a day early because I'm that brat who doesn't want to travel on her birthday and makes a big deal about it. My friend Melissa (yes, we're name twins) and I scored this really cool Airbnb for cheap and enjoyed South Beach.
I was so excited because of course it was my birthday, but my family would be getting in town that day as well. I knew once they arrived, it was about to go DOWN!
We pretty much lived that the beach, but spent one night out of the town.
Orange Swim Suit: OLD (Instagram boutique) | Kimono: F21 (old) | Leopard Swimsuit: American Apparel
Top and Bottom: Zara (instore) | Shoes: Steve Madden
10 things I learned on this trip:
- Why not Airbnb, it's so much cheaper.
- Trips with your cousin are so much fun. Where are we going next year?
- It's fun to NOT have a plan and just go with the flow.
- Good friends (like Melissa) are very hard to find.
- My birthday will always be a BIG DEAL.
- My cousin Nicole has BAD road rage, lol.
- The beach is my favorite place on earth.
- Clubbing is not my thing anymore.
- If I could wear a swimsuit everyday I'll be perfectly fine.
- Props are always okay when you're a blogger
I hadn't been to Miami since Spring Break of 2009, so this was a new experience for me. I enjoyed the sun, the food, and the laughs. I think a yearly cousins trip is a must now -- we just get each other. After all, they were my first best friends.
P.S.- S/o to them for not complaining once about all the pictures. They really support my dream and I love them for that. My cousins are the real MVP's.