HAPPY FRIDAY, YA'LL! I'm pretty sure I'll get a lot of blog work done this weekend because of all the rain hurricane Joaquin is bringing our way. When moving to Charlotte from NYC I was mostly worried about my office space. I knew I would be living with my mom for a few months before getting my own place and I wanted to make sure I had an area to get my creative juices flowing. I browsed Pinterest for bedroom color and office inspiration before deciding on the look and color I was going for. I really like how white just pops and makes the room look and feel fresh. After a trip to Ikea, Marshalls, TJMaxx, Target, and Dollar Tree I finally have a space to create in.
Here it is! A nice comfy space for me to work harder and smarter in. Even though it seems like a pretty simple task, it was a lot harder than I thought. Here are a few tips that may help you when creating a creative space in your bedroom.
- Make use of small tables and corner desk. If your bedroom isn't all that big, like mine. You don't want a huge desk taking over to the point where you have no room for your bed. A nice small comfy space will do just fine, just make it yours.
- Separate your space. You don't want your personal space and office space intertwined with each other. You'll have cords all over the place and often just grab your laptop and get snuggled in bed. Keep your office space near your door or closet and your bed at the other end of the room.
- Match office and bedroom when decorating. You always want to have a cohesive feel when it comes to having an office and bedroom in the same space. Find a few colors and stick with them. I chose a white desk and made sure it matched my white bedroom dresser.
- Storage is important. You want to have a spot for all your resources. If you can't fit in a file cabinet like me, this wicker basket does the trick. Grab a few of them and add a few fake flowers, they make for great decor.
- Inspiration! Having inspiration in your bedroom office is a must. You want to have books handy when needed to fact check or look up at a great quote on your wall when you're feeling uninspired. My gallery wall helps with that, it's still under construction, but I'm off to a great start.
Have you or will you be designing a bedroom office soon? Share your tips.