So ladies: for years now, Cantu has been keeping our mane fabulous. Our curls are poppin, our edges are laid, and our scalps are free of buildup. Cantu has literally saved us from being a natural-haired mess!
If you're anything like me, you want to share the wealth. I'm a sucker for a nice bearded man, and I love to see his hair well taken care of.
Apparently, Cantu does too! Yes, y'all--their new Men's Collection is here, and it's EVERYTHING our men have been missing in their hair care routine. (Yes, men need a hair care routine!)
In February, I traveled down to Atlanta with my Cantu family for the official Men's Collection Launch entitled "Blazers, Bourbon, & Beards." When I tell you it was one for the record books, it really was. I was so excited to chat all things men's products with the attendees, check out the barbers giving live haircuts in the barbershop (YES, the event had a barbershop), and mixing and mingling with a whole different crew than my usual Cantu fam.
Ladies, I thought we were particular about our hair? Nope! The men are just as bad, if not worse. They wanted to know what each product was, talked to me about their specific needs (growth, moisture, etc) and I was able to point them in the right direction. During the event, we gave away an amazing art piece, cigars, and had a bourbon tasting. I was even able to see one of my favorite barbers from Instagram do his thang, Stepthebarber. Check him out; he's GOOD! If you missed the ATL launch check out the video here.
Photography via Cantu's Facebook, more here.
But back to these products you're buying for Bae. Cantu's Men's Collection isn't only for his hair, but also for shaving and those beards that make us weak in the knees.
The full line goes as follows:
- Cleansing Pre-Shave Scrub to make sure his skin is cleaned properly and exfoliated before shaving.
- Smooth Shave Gel to fight razor bumps (MAJOR KEY!)
- Post-Shave Smoothing Serum, which will moisturize and calm the skin after being touched by the razor. It prevents inflammation and redness.
- Beard Oil, because...do I really need to explain? We gotta keep our men's beards looking luscious and moisturized.
- Three-in-one Shampoo, Conditioner, and Body Wash. Yes, you read that right. Men are so freaking low maintenance, so this 3-in-1 is a godsend.
- Cream Pomade if they want a strong hold, but soft touch.
- Leave- In Conditioner, because no one wants a man with brittle hair and a dry beard. Give bae the gift of intense moisture. He'll love you for it.
If you want a step-by-step of how the shaving products are used, my girl Maria had her husband try them out. Check out the video.
Since your girl is flying solo for now, I don't have a bae to purchase for, but you can bet I'll be trying the hair care products on my brother as soon as he has a free day. I'll share his results and his thoughts about the line here, so stay tuned!
Check your local beauty supply stores and drug stores for the Cantu Men's Collection.
For my Charlotte peeps:
Freedom Drive, W Sugar Creek Road, Beatties Ford Road, & Milton Road.
Bayfield Pkwy Concord, Spider Drive Kannapolis, Franklin Blvd Gastona, & Franklin St Gastona.
Now who's headed to pick up the line for their hubby, boyfriend, friend, cousin, daddy, or uncle?! Enjoy!