WOAH, I have 16k followers on Instagram. First, I'd like to thank the academy, lol. I'm just kidding. Instagram is my favorite social media platform, I love looking at amazing photos, taking them, teaching myself how to edit, and gaining tons of inspiration during the process. Sometimes I go back and look at my very first Instagram photo, which was a horrible selife, and think ...wow, I've come a very long way. I have one Instagram account and since my brand is pretty much me, it's so much easier than juggling two. Working in social media has also helped when trying to figure out what my followers like, which hashtags to use, and what time to post. I know all of us may not have that advantage so I'm here to share a little bit of my knowledge. Get your pen and pad ready because today I'm giving you five ways to increase your Instagram followers as a blogger or brand.
- Find a theme - Most Instagram pages with tons of followers have a theme. They either post photos of pretty clothing, food, scenery shots, shoes, animals or products. Find your theme and stick with it. No one wants to follow the girl or guy with 547 selfies from the exact same angle. Don't become THAT person, lol.
- Stick with a scheudle - If you work full-time while building your blog or brand, like me. Figure out a posting routine, maybe start by posting first thing in the morning, on your lunch break, or as soon as you get off work. Stay consistent with the time and watch your followers grow.
- Engage - Engage with your audience, ask questions in your copy, or even sponsor giveaways. This will make your followers feel like they know you on a more personal level. Don't be that blogger or brand that never responds the his/her followers. If they ask a question, answer them. Here's an idea, let them help you pick your date night outfit, nail polish, or your family dinner spot. Get them involved.
- Hashtag this, hashtag that- Use hashtags with meaning and not too many in one post. Head over to the seach bar and seach different hashtags that are relivent to your brand or blog to see if they're popular. Write 5 to 10 of them in your notes and use one or two in each Instagram post. Are you a baker? Well when National Dessert Day rolls around make sure you have your photo ready and use the trending hashtag, people will get to see your yummy cupcake and want to follow you.
- Edit or at least try - When it comes to editing, google is your best friend. Google the top 5 photo editing apps and download them. Play around and find the app that works best for you. Don't be afraid to ask for help, but I'm sure youtube has a video to teach you how to use each one of them. Trust me, no one wants to see a dark, grainy, or blurry photo when you're a brand or blogger. Make sure you're taking crisp photos to share throughout the day.
Are you ready to get those followers up? Well, while you're at it follow me on Instagram for all things style, beauty, and fun!
Do you have any other tips that have helped you gain followers? Share them in the comments section below.