It's time to pack up those summer sandals, boot season is finally here! I always have the hardest time when shopping for winter boots, they're either too tight around my calf or the ankle doesn't fit right, ugh the struggle. Finding the perfect winter boot takes time, but I promise you these 5 tips will help you on your search.
1. Invest- Before buying boots because they're on trend you want to make sure you have a pair that's nice quality. So if you have to save up the first few week of fall, do it and invest in one nice pair of boots a season. Remember quality over quantity.
2. Classic- Find a boot that you can wear forever! The more simple the boot, the more you can wear it winter after winter.
3. Fit- If you have calf problems like me, never purchase online. Go out and try a few different stores until you find a boot you're comfortable with. I promise it may take a few visits, but you'll find a pair you love.
4. Color- If you're looking for a boot you want to wear over time go with a neutral color that'll match everything. Black is always my go to, but cognac is a nice color to have as well.
5. Comfort- When shopping for boots, alway choose comfort. This is an investment winter piece, you want to make sure you get your money's worth. A nice over the knee riding boot can be worn to work with a nice dress or out on the town with jeans and a cropped sweater.
Remember once you've invested in a pair you love, then you can buy trendy boots during each season. I have tons of classic winter boots, uggs, and trendy boots. I found this pair when browsing through Forever21 and after trying them on I had to have them. They were only $44 bucks and they fit like a glove. They'll definitely be my go to boots for the fall/winter and should last me all season because we all know winter in the south isn't as harsh as up north (not missing that at all, lol).
Have you found your go to boots for the season?