Are you dying for a hair change, but scared to color your hair? Don't be. Your hair will not fall out if it's cared for properly. Over the summer, I was ready for something drastic so I called up my stylist and told her I wanted to go BLONDE. Like not just blonde at the top like I've done in the past, but my whole entire head. She simply said, okay because she knew I would take proper care of it.
I've survived years of getting my hair colored professionally and now I'm here to help you get started! Here are 5 tips for taking care of your color treated hair.
- Leave it to a professional. I get questions all the time asking if I color my hair myself and the answer is NO, I'm no professional. Find a salon and set up a consultation to get all your questions answered before adding any color to your hair.
- Deep Condition. Find a deep conditioner you love and apply once or twice a month. Sunday is my wash day so I apply my deep conditioner, do some house work for 30-40 mins then rinse and finish my hair washing process.
- Trims. Trimming your hair is always important, but now that you have color you want to keep up with your trips to avoid breakage.
- Avoid Heat. Try not to use high heat when blow drying and flat ironing your hair. I went all summer without using my blow dryer and I could tell a difference.
- Keepin' it Mosturized. Dry hair means breakage. You want to make sure you're keeping your hair moisturized by adding some type of oil. I usually wash and go or twist my hair and during the process I always make sure my Kurlee Belle, Tropical Oil Blend is handy.
How do you take care of your color treated hair?