Are you setting blog goals? If not, you should be. Setting goals gives you structure, keeps you looking ahead and not behind you, and holds you accountable to get the work done. When I started blogging I hardly ever set goals for myself, but now...I set weekly, monthly, and yearly blog goals. This helps me stay on task as well as celebrate when I've accomplished them. If you're new to blogging or if you're interested in setting goals for yourself I have a few tips for you.
- Purchase a notebook that's strictly for writing out your goals. This notebook will help you stay on task.
- Pick a day to write out your weekly, monthly, or yearly goals. Sunday is my hair washing day and my goal setting day. I sit and analyze what happened the previous week and set my weekly goals.
- Set realistic goals. Your goals can be big or small. Don't think your goals have to be big, like get 50,000 views on my blog daily when you've only been blogging for 2 months. A goal of mine last week was to post 5 days a week. That's a lot when I'm also working a full-time job. I spent my weekend last week brainstorming, editing photos and writing blog posts to meet my goal.
- Find an accountability partner. My accountability partner's name is Shelby and she runs a blog called, Bronze Bombshell. We check on each other throughout the week to make sure we're staying on task to meet goals. She's the best and gives it to me straight and I try my best to do the same for her. We get busy sometimes and need someone to give us that extra push.
- Celebrate accomplishments. When you check a goal off your list, celebrate. No one goal is too big or too small. You should celebrate them all. It doesn't have to be a big celebration... grab a cupcake from your favorite bakery, take yourself to see a movie or toast with a glass wine!
It's never too late to start. Grab a notebook today and start writing out your weekly, monthly, and/or yearly goals. Do you have tips that have helped you along the way? Share them below.