Can you believe it's already September? Fall is like, HERE. I'm not ready for the weather change but I have to make sure my skin is. I have really dry skin and it changes with the weather so I like to make sure I'm taking care of it. Here's my number one rule, find a regimen that works for you and stick to it. I've tried so many options in the past that just didn't work for me, but these 5 basic skin care tips has helped my skin go from dry and flaky to smooth and moisturized.
- Limit HOT Showers/Baths: Steaming hot water removes all the oil from your skin and we (if your skin is dry like min) don't need that.
- Say NO to Strong Soaps: Throw the scented soaps in the trash. You need something mild for your skin, again we don't need anything stripping all the oil we need during the temperature change.
- Shave Correctly: Are you shaving in the direction your hair is growing? This is something you need to pay close attention to. No one likes those in grown hairs, especially not me. I've chosen to wax, but that's a different post for a different day.
- Don't Rub, Pat: When drying off make sure you're patting your skin and not rubbing your skin off. We need to keep all that moisture remember?!
- Moisturize, Moisturize, oh yea...Moisturize: For all my dry skin girls, moisturize daily!
What to know what helps me? Well, after raiding my local Target & trying everything in sight I've fallen in love with the Shea Moistures body line.
This not only smells Ah-MAZING, but it keeps my skin super moisturized. I use the Lavender & Wild Orchid Hand & Body Scrub twice a week when showering at night. After gently scrubbing my body and rising, I then take the bath & body oil and massage it throughout. Don't get out of the shower just yet rinse one more time. This step makes my skin baby soft and moisturized. I then pat dry with the towel and get ready for bed. Pretty easy right?!
This line includes Shea Butter, which I love. I can shower at night and still feel super moisturized the next morning. I really don't want to have to worry about my skin getting dry and itchy throughout the night. Sensitive skin also needs a good razor, Intuition Moisture Care Razor is my go to. Key word, moisture. Us dry skin gals have to make sure we're keeping that moisture locked in.
If you're looking for a product to use on your skin please try Shea Moisture Body, I promise your won't be disappointed.
What works for you skin during the Fall/Winter months?