If you follow me on Instagram you already know Thursday around 2pm I landed in paradise. This year I made a vow to travel more and not collect things anymore, but experiences. First trip, Nassau to help my best friend/big sis of over 10 years celebrate her 31st birthday. Of course we started the trip off with a car selfies, I mean...why not!?
First stop, Goldies for some yummy conch salad and local beer.
Sidebar: I love traveling, but I hate flying. I get really bad anxiety and have awful thoughts. So when I got the news about our surprise trip to Turks I was excited and scared at the same damn time, lol!
Turks is the most BEAUTIFUL place I've visited thus far, I mean breathtakingly gorgeous! I really couldn't get over the view and felt myself gazing into the sky and wondering, is this really my life right now. I just couldn't get over the pretty blue, clear water and the amazing views.
Here are a few snapshots of how I spent most of my time.
The weather was perfect, well anything is pretty much better than NYC right now. High 70's which was cool for them, but AH-MAZING for me. The water wasn't as warm as I would've liked, but I was cool with that.
I kept my outfits pretty simple, relaxed, but fun. Here's a peek...
And the gold platform sandals, buy them!
Terri had the most amazing birthday ever, a smile was on her face the whole time and that's all I wanted! She loved her gift by the way, her first Alex & Ani bracelet for her, she has best and I have friends..are we too old for this?! Oh well, lol.
Things I learned on this trip:
- Sometimes you have to just go with the flow.
- Trying local beer is my new thing and I'll be doing this more during my travels. (If you ever travel to Bahamas try the Kalik and Turks, the Turks Head, AH-MAZING.)
- Packing light wasn't so hard after all.
- Take time to just stop and enjoy the beauty around you.
- Protective styling on vacay is the way to go, who has time to twist when you're enjoying life.
- Last but not least, turn your phone data off ... $500 in fees is not worth it! (I called and got it reduced to $30 bucks, whew.)
Kisses, until next time!
P.S. - If you like my travel diary let me know and we'll make it our new thing, cool?!