Here I am, registered and ready to take on the first day of SXSW! After getting the hang of the conference locations and hotels, I was pretty much a local.
My favorite part of SXSW was definitely the Cosmo Style Lab, sooo many connections were made in that one room! I even ran into someone that reads my blog and my blogger boo Zoe, it's always great seeing familiar faces. I was able to chat with Stacy London, who told me I reminder her of Stacy Dash (it's the eyes), and gave me really great styling tips. Joe Zee's face was also in the place and after catching him for a quick picture he told me about an upcoming session he was hosting with THE Eva Chen, couldn't miss that as you can see.
Austin had the most AH-MAZING weather, I mean anything is better than NYC's weather right now. I met the one and only Cookie Monster, got the inside scoop on the life of a pedicab driver, learned all about real- time marketing and crafting post from Buzzfeed's CEO, and ran across some really dope art. (I think I'm becoming one of those, I like art type girls).
I couldn't leave Austin without seeing my old colleague Caroline, eating some good ole bbq, trying some of the local beer (Live Oak Hefeweizen to be exact), and a Big Red (it's a Texas thing).
And we made room for a little fun, I even rode a bull for the first time!
Things I learned on this trip:
- Sometimes you'll find networking is better than attending a panel put on by experts.
- Always be memorable ( I was known as the jumpsuit queen).
- I will always run into someone that know's my best friend Trell.
- Drunk team outings are the best, lol! (see photo above)
- I am doing a great job and headed in the right direction when it comes to working in the social media world. It's always great to have confirmation from other brands doing great.
- People really read my blog! (I met two people that follow my blog, like people really read my stuff, lol).
- And I'm thankful for great teammates like Janna and Kayla that were willing to take pictures of me for the blog.
Until next time,