Graphic designed by: MTC
Tonight I'll be packing my bags and taking my talents to Austin, Texas for their infamous SXSW interactive conference! I'm smiling from ear to ear as I write this post for two reasons, one being that Texas has always been on my travel list and second it was a surprise from THE BEST BOSS EVER. I'm so excited to learn more about my craft, meet new people, have fun, and explore Texas. I've been at work all week googling what to pack for SXSW and finally came up with a list to share with all my first timers.
Gadgets (I mean, what social media guru leaves home without them?!)
- Cell phone & charger
- Ipad & charger (I'm letting my Macbook sit this one out!)
- Rechargeable batteries
- Camera (It's the blogger in me.)
- Jacket (I heard the days are warm and nights are pretty chilly.)
- Sneakers (Lots of walking, you need to be comfy.)
- Blazer, t-shirts
- Flats (I mean who has time to walk around in heels all day, not me!?)
- Bookbag or large purse (gifts, freebies, and all your gadgets need a home.)
- Business cards
- Bottle water
- Snacks (idk about yall, but your girl gets hungry)
- Mints (lots of talking and networking)
- Toiletries (I mean, I didn't have to tell you that...right!)
Yup, I think we're good to go.
Tips from others..
- Schedules are meant to be broken
- Be comfortable
- Meet new people
- Take notes
- Just take it all in
Hope this helps everyone attending! I'll be checking in and posting some of my outfits and fun activities on the blog throughout next week. Now let me go pack...
P.S. - If you're attending or have attended this conference before and have tips share with us newbies!