Wash day is an important part of natural hair care. Although I often dread the process of detangling, conditioning and styling, it is necessary to prevent hair damage and make daily styling easier.
Well, wash day for your hair is like meal prepping for your body.
Meal prepping is planning and preparing your meals in advance for the week ahead. This consists of cooking roughly eight to ten meals in one in one setting. Most foods have a storage time of 3 to 5 days. Like wash day, meal prepping is time consuming and requires multiple steps:
- Grocery Shopping
- Peel and chop all raw fruits and vegetables
- Cook your meats and starches
- Get creative and organize your meals in Tupperware (Tupperware can be bought a low prices and in various sizes)
Why does it work?
- It saves you time during the week.
- You are less likely to make poor diet choices.
- Better portion control.
- The variety of meals is endless.
Even if you don’t prep every single meal, prepping dinners, lunches or snacks ahead of time will definitely help avoid stress and promote healthier eating habits.
Are you ready to go shopping?